Your inner smile is THE elixir of health and healing.
A smile is an incredible tool of communication.
Imagine to arrive in a foreign county with a group of strangers; a sincere smile from another person would help to feel at ease immediately. This is because a smile is familiar, it gives us the message of love and understanding. It is a message of acceptance, appreciation and safety. When a smile is recieved we can let go of our defences and feel at ease with the situation. A smile activates the parasympathetic nervous system which gives a relaxation response. This response produces physiological changes in our endocrine glands, our nervous system, our musculature, in the circular system (what is this?), our digestive track and in our breath. In fact, nearly every system in the body can be dramatically affected simply by receiving a smile.
It is not only effective in communication with others but also in being a healing tool in the communicating with ourselves. We are continuously communicating with ourselves consciously or subconsciously but unfortunately the message is not always positive. Self-loathing and low self-esteem is common today and is fostering a low self-image of one self. This can negatively affect our health and many serious illnesses are often presided after long periods of chronic negative emotion.
When we smile, we feel a sense of self-respect and gratitude for our bodies and this is keeping us alive. When we turn our awareness within and smile to our organs with love and appreciation, we set into motion a chain of reactions which are positive and associated with the relaxation response.Share
HOW TO START:
Sit comfortably near the edge of your chair with your feet flat on the floor. Keep your back straight, but not stiff. Stay relaxed, clasp your palms together in your lap and press your tongue against the upper palate of your mouth. Do as follows
- Close your eyes and become aware of the soles of your feet. Feel their connection to Earth.
- Create a source of smiling energy up to three feet in front of you, this could be an image of your own smiling face, of someone or something you love and respect, any memory of a time in which you felt deeply at peace; perhaps feeling the warm sun on your skin, being close to the ocean or walking in a still forest for example.
- Become aware of the midpoint between your eyebrows through where you will draw abundant smiling energy in front of, and from around you. Let your forehead relax; as the smiling energy accumulates at the midpoint, where the energy eventually will overflow into your body.
Try to practice the Inner Smile every day as soon as you wake up as it will help you throughout the whole day. Loving your own body helps us to be more loving to others and gives us a better focus in our work. The Inner Smile helps with loving our own bodies so do this often.
Step 1:Smile into the brain
Step 2:Smile to the heart and vital organs
Step 3:Smile to the spine & nervous system
Step 4:Smile to bowels & sexual organs
Step 5:Smile to bones, blood, flesh, & cells
Step 6a: Smile, dissolve your entire physical body
Step 6b:Smile, dissolve beyond the body
- Smile into your Aura
- Smile into the Room
- Smile to a Friend
- Smile to a Difficult Relationship
- Smile to your Local Community
- Smile to Planet Earth
- Smile to Sun and Stars
- Smile to the Dark Ocean Beyond the Stars
- Allow Yourself to Feel the Returning Smiles
Waves(?) Gather the Wave of Smiling Chi inside your Body
- Smile the Negative Emotions Away. Practice it also at times of stress, anger, fear or depression. Smile down into the part that feels tension and strain, you will gradually see the negative energy transform into positive vital life-force energy. Smile the emotions away. The smile’s energy can change emotional energy into vital energy—provided you smile enough into the emotions—such as anger, stress, fear, and impatience. H.
Smile Pain and Sickness Away. If you feel pain and uneasiness in any part of your body or feel sick in any part of the organs then keep on smiling to these parts. Keep on smiling to these parts, talk to them, get feedback from them, until you feel them get softer or more open or when their colour changes from dark to bright.
HOW TO FINISH:
Collecting the Smiling Energy at the Navel:
It’s very important to end by storing the smiling energy in the navel. Most ill effects of meditation are caused by excess energy in the head or heart. The navel area can safely handle the increased energy generated by the Inner Smile. To collect the smile’s energy; concentrate in your navel area which is about one and a half inches inside your body. Mentally move that energy in an outward spiral around your navel 36 times; don’t go above the diaphragm or below the pubic bone. Women start the spiral counter clockwise and men start the spiral clockwise. Up next is to reverse the direction of the spiral and bring it back into the navel, circling 24 times. Use your finger as a guide the first few times.
The energy is now safely stored in your navel, available to you whenever and for whatever part of your body that needs it. You have now completed the Inner Smile. Once you have learned and practiced the Inner Smile regularly you can, if you are short of time, do it more rapidly in just a few minutes.
This practice is like going to the gym. Imagine if the time spent on building muscles and toning our bodies would be put to the Inner Smile instead. Can you imagine if everyone would walk around with a constant smile on their face? A smile is the best make up and gives positive energy to those around us. The fact that a smile also has a lot of healing powers is just a beautiful bonus. Not to mention how great it feels to be joyful and positive. The Inner Smile is the path of the heart. The path of love. Give it a try and let me know how it goes
Kristina Kumlin is a yoga pro and she has many videos on her website www.LIFEBOOSTER.yoga where she helps you with practices like this, it gives you better focus in your everyday life and you get more energy over to what is important in life.
Try today for 3 days free